Date:      Mon, 8 Sep 1997 18:46:35 -0400
From:      "PrografX" <vorchak@redrose.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PPP troubles, over and over again.

 I'm having headache type problems with FTPing BSD off of ftp.freebsd.org or
any mirror.  Basically, I think it might be me (WHAT AND NOT BE PERFECT?),
but I have had help with trying to get this resolved to no avail.

I can get all the way to logging into my ISP, back to a "ppp ON mymach>"
type of prompt (mymach is not actually the host name I use, just i.e.) but I
have not been able to get "PPP ON mymach>"  Could it have anything to do
with the configuration setup for Hostname, DNS, etc. ?  Or is it something
else?  Any ideas would be appreciated, I do plan to write a small "FreeBSD
setup for dummies" type of on-line book after I'm done, so that all will be
converted, but I think that actually setting the OS up first may be in
order!

Alan Vorchak
PrografX
Email:  vorchak@redrose.net
Telephone:  (888) 463-8482
[local/International:  +1 717 732 5068]
***Mickey Mouse is dead, got kicked in the head, cause people got too
serious, planned out what they said  {Subhumans}***