Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 1996 10:49:51 +0000 ()
From:      "Lenzi, Sergio" <lenzi@cwbone.bsi.com.br>
To:        "Eloy A. Paris" <Eloy.Paris@ven.ra.rockwell.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org, hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD works with Cy486DLC processors?

Hell Eloy.

I am one that "prefers" cyrix.. Ok if it is a dlc processor. I recoment
you to disable only the external cache. The problem seems to be between
the external cache controller and the dma logic.
I have such a machine like yours with the external cache disable and the
system works OK. Remember also to enable parity check on the memory banks.
and check for slow refreshes option on the setup menu.
Hope this will help.