Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 19:56:27 +0100
From:      Tony Finch <fanf@demon.net>
To:        scsi@freebsd.org
Cc:        Tony Finch <fanf@demon.net>
Subject:   status of DPT SmartRAID iv

Has anyone got the DPT userland utilities in /usr/src/usr.sbin/dpt to
compile? Do they work? If not, how hard is it to make them work?

All we really need is something that can tell us the status of the
disks in the RAID -- with hot-swappable drives we can replace the
broken one and the DPT will rebuild the RAID without interrupting
service. The only problem is that (a) we need to know that a drive is
funted, and (b) which one it is.

(I'm not on this list so CC:s of replies are appreciated.)

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch    dot@dotat.at    fanf@demon.net    e pluribus unix