Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2000 07:46:51 +0100
From:      Abercromby James SSgt 31CS/SCBBMA <James.Abercromby@aviano.af.mil>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>, "'freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Dual Booting Win98 and FreeBSD 2 sep. HDs

	Hi all,

	I am killing myself here trying to set up a dual booting box
w/FreeBSD and Win98.

	-Win98 will be on a Samsung 1.2Gig drive as the primary slave.

            -FreeBSD 3.4 will be on a MaXtor 17.8gig drive as primary
master.

	Last night,

	I did 3 different semi successful installs of FreeBSD 3.4 and I
think I
pretty much understand the fdisk (slices concept), and the disk labeler.

	I get to the part after FDISK and it talks about dual booting other
OSes and using Bootmgr etc. etc. but then it also says that I will prompted
or will have the chance to setup dual booting later on in the install.

	I never ever saw this, what am I missing.

	I read and read and read the Complete FreeBSD about dual booting,
but
it's main focus is on the 2 OS's residing on the same drive.  I don't want
this.

- Tried and tried to find more info about BootEasy and the boot manager
but really couldn't find what I was looking for.

BTW....
When I installed Netscape it crashed and burned.
	- Anyone else have this happen during a FreeBSD 3.4 install.

	Also,
	During the install when I go to configure my PPP0 interface
intactively its asks for host name  domain -is this hostname foobar domain
localdomain?
ip address-I get a dynamically assigned one?  huh?

Can anyone give me the down in dirty on setting up ppp dial up to my ISP?

Any comments, clues, insights, and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.