Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2013 11:11:51 -0500
From:      Brett Wynkoop <wynkoop@wynn.com>
To:        george@ceetonetechnology.com
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: arm sshd dies

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 09:00:33 -0500
George Rosamond <george@ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:

> More details on this would be useful.
>
> Is it dying with sshd not running, or a dropped connection?

The master sshd process dies.  Sshd processes that are part of active
connections do not seem to die.  I have kept ssh connections to the
bone for days after applying the first round of patches to the cpsw
driver (now part of head).

> sshd_config or ssh_config changes?  Anything else, besides patching
> cpsw.

Nope no other changes.

> (btw, a driver without a man page? ;)
>
> Does it manually restart?

Yep I can jump on the console and /etc/rc.d/sshd start with no problem.

> My BBone hasn't run for more than a few hours at a time, and I've had
> no issues with sshd dying, and I've run a bunch of revisions along
> the way on CURRENT.

Mine runs 24/7 at this point and is really hungry for usb so it can be
building the various ports it wants installed!

Please no comments on using nfs.  I do not have the ability to do that
at the moment.

> I'll keep an ssh session connected to the BBones sshd as a test, and
> see if I can replicate.

No need to keep a session open.  Just let your bone stay up and running
and then check back at a later time to see if sshd is still running.

-Brett

--

wynkoop@wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
917-642-6925

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep
and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against
tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson.