Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 1997 17:43:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        current <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   out of swap space causes hang

I decided to edit a little xpm today with pixmap.  As it was saving the
pixmap, which apparently is a very memory & time consuming process, my
computer decided to just completely hang, no panic no nothing.  Since this
is the second time this has happened to me today (totally different
circumstances), I decided to check the logs.  Right before the copytight
message of my latest boot the last message that seemed strange was
/kernel: swap_pager: out of space.  Now I have 128Mb swap and 64Mb ram,
and I'm running a make world a few weeks old and a kernel a few days old.
Kinda annoying.  Anyone else seeing this?

- alex