Date:      Sun, 26 Jul 2009 20:45:43 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        freebsd ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Alex Dupre <ale@freebsd.org>
Subject:   CFT: databases/mysql51-server+sphinxse

--------------enig64CFDEAA656CCE45604BB689

Dear all,

As maintainer of the textproc/sphinxsearch port I occasionally get reques=
ts
from users about enabling the SphinxSE engine in MySQL on FreeBSD.  Up to=
 now,
I've been publishing some ad hoc patches to the mysqlNN-server ports thro=
ugh
by web site:

   http://www.infracaninophile.co.uk/articles/sphinxse.html

I've now created a slave port: databases/mysql51-server+sphinxse which ac=
hieves
much the same effect as the patches:

   http://www.infracaninophile.co.uk/articles/mysql51-server+sphinxse.sha=

I'll submit this as a new port fairly soon, but I'd appreciate any constr=
uctive
critique of what I'm trying to do, and if anyone interested could do some=
 testing.
I already know there are a few problems, for instance I can't change the =
MAINTAINER
or CONFLICTS settings without some small modifications to the master port=
=2E

I'd do much the same thing for mysql50-server as well, but I'm still tryi=
ng to
debug getting SphinxSE support working at all with that version.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                  Flat 3