Date:      Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:36:53 -0600
From:      "Stephen Hoover" <shooverfbn@442spot.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Success with Symantec Ghost 7

I know the topic of "ghosting" a FreeBSD box is discussed on here from time
to time.

I just wanted to let everyone know I had a success using Ghost 7 on my
current setup. I cloned it from a Dell PowerEdge 2450 to a generic desktop
with same drive configuration (2 SCSI drives in each). I used Ghost to do a
sector copy on each individual harddrive.

All I had to do to get it rolling was boot to the GENERIC kernel, as the one
I configured for the Dell server was SMP. Everything seemed to come up and
work fine. It even saw additional drive space on the new machine, as the
harddrives were slightly bigger.

Just thought this was some good information for the list.

Stephen Hoover
Dallas, Texas