Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 1995 11:15:38 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        esser@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser), mbailey@gnu.ai.mit.edu, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NCR810 problem?

>If my discussion of the sequencer window issue with the arguably broken
>Quantum drives has been a contributing factor, I appologise.  It was
>not my intent to "call out" anyone, only to explain what I felt the
>problem was (and as Rod pointed out, it was the wrong Quantum drive
>for that to even be the problem, as far as we know).

I don't think that the Grand Prixs are broken at all, and I only reported
what the bug was in John Aycock's original aic7xxx sequencer program that
caused failures with the Grand Prixs.  I have no idea if the problems reported
with the Grand Prix and the NCR are caused by the same "oversight", but I
would guess that the problem is totally different since the NCR code was
engineered more robustly than the original aic7xxx code and the mistake is
fairly obvious.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  Software Developer - Walnut Creek CDROM