Date:      Thu, 23 Apr 1998 07:39:28 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        ken@mui.net
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ghostscript-5.10

Somebody else who can help this frustrated user ...
he doesn't get ghostscript port compiled ...

It started with:

	I did a cvs-ports to update my files.
	got a checksum mismatch for pdf_sec.ps.
	downloaded those files.still the same error ...

But the checksum is ok.

	pdf_sec.ps
	not available on
	http://www.freebsd.org/~andreas/download/pdf_sec.ps

Ok, there it wasn't available, but in the ports Makefile there
is another site mentioned in australia, from there it has to be
fetched, now it temporarily put it on freefall as well.

	1- had to grab pdf_sec.ps from the internet from a linux place.
	2- even after i found the right version (checksum mismatch for
	pdf_sec.ps), the following errors would still result:
	Type "make A4=yes" if you want -DA4 for compilation.
	Checksum OK for ghostscript-5.10.tar.gz.
	Checksum OK for ghostscript-5.10gnu.tar.gz.
	Checksum OK for ghostscript-fonts-std-5.10.tar.gz.
	Checksum OK for ghostscript-fonts-other-5.10.tar.gz.
	Checksum OK for hp850-1.2.zip.
	Checksum OK for pdf_sec.ps.
	===>  Building for ghostscript-5.10
	cc  -O -pipe -c sjpegerr.c
	*** Error code 1

Hmm ... ??? Here it runs on -current ...
BTW, he didn't mention his gs version !

	I've confirmed with a few other users that they have
	the same problem

What OS version ???

	These are the things i've done (multiple times/multiple combos):
	1-I've removed the work directory
	2-i've removed the .gz file/re downloaded it
	3-i've pkg_deleted packages
	4-pkg_deleted anything that could be possibly involved.
	5-make world just for it
	6-i've downloaded the m5 and makefile
	7-cvsup'd
	8-i've gone on the irc for advice
	9-i've emailed the freebsd-questions.

????
	try killing the pdf_sec.ps file from /usr/ports/distfiles,
	then allow it to find it again. that's when the first error
	occurs.

I got the file from
MASTER_SITES=   ftp://ftp.cs.wisc.edu/ghost/aladdin/gs510/ \
                http://freefall.freebsd.org/~andreas/download/ \
                http://www.ozemail.com.au/~geoffk/pdfencrypt/
		HERE !

	also, are we supposed to use the -DA4 for compiling?

No, I tried both .... Well, can't figure out, what's going on
his machine ... I suggested he should use precompiled packages
as workaround ...

If someone has the time to help him ???

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm                             http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
What gives you 90% more speed, for example in kernel compilation ?