Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2000 12:26:00 -0500
From:      Pat Wendorf <beholder@beholder.ods.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dell Inspiron 7000

Hey All,

I've been trying to help a friend get FBSD installed on his Dell laptop.
However, it seems that the card sockets are not being detected with
an IRQ, even if we force it (with "machdep" statements, and assigning
them in the kernel config).

I've recieved lots of help from a person on the freebsd-mobile list
but we're still not much further.  He mentioned that he was sure
he knew of some people using CURRENT on 7000's.

I'm looking for anyone who has this laptop and uses ANY version
of FBSD, and if it's possible, some details on how you got
the card sockets to detect properly.  The 7000's use a
TI-1220 Cardbus contoller wiht a Carbus/ISA bridge (like
most do), so anyone using that particular contoller might
be able to help us also.

We don't mind which version we install, we've tried STABLE and
CURRENT without much sucess thus far.

Thanks in advance for any help.