Date:      Sat, 12 May 2001 16:50:33 -0500
From:      "Victor R. Cardona" <vcardona@home.com>
To:        Kevin Macdonald <kmacdon1@rci.rogers.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Compatibility

On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 05:08:21PM -0400, Kevin Macdonald wrote:
> 	Hello I have a question for whomever answers it over there.  I am
> installing FreeBSD quite soon but I would like to know how long it will be
> or if it would already support the geforce 3 video card.  Any information on
> this would be appreciated.

This is actually a XFree86 issue. The GeForce3 is definately not
supported in XFree86-3.3.6 which is the standard version included with
FreeBSD. You might have to install XFree86-4.0.3 which is available in
package and port form. I do not know if this version will support it
either though. The GeForce3 is very new. Check http://www.xfree86.org
for more information.

HTH,
-v
--
Victor R. Cardona
vcardona@home.com

                "Behold the keyboard of Kahless, the greatest Klingon
                  code warrior that ever lived!"