Date:      Sat, 12 Mar 2005 09:50:59 +0000
From:      "F. Banna" <psps2@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Bridge and dummynet

Good Day Guys.

I installed FreeBSD 5.3 and everything worked fine .
i recompiled the kernel included options for
    IPDIVERT
    IPFIREWALL
    IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
    BRIDGE

everything went fine

i did the systcl to load the two network cards as should be
      sysctl net.link.ether.bridge.config=rl0:0,rl1:0
      sysctl net.link.ether.bridge.ipfw=1
      sysctl net.link.ether.bridge.enable=1

schema
   client 1                                 FreeBSD  bridge
/------------------\                       /-----------------------\
          /------------------------\
  a.b.c.d        |----------------------|rl0 -
-rl1|-----------------| external network|
\------------------/                       \-----------------------/
          \------------------------/

so far everything is working fine .

now my internal network is connected physically to rl0.

i want to rate limit ip a.b.c.d from internal network to 32Kbit uplink and
128Kbit downlink .....

in the manual and documention given on the sites it helps but not on the
same network card as needed in here !

i was successfull to rate limit uplink but not downlink ! as such

ipfw pipe 1 config bw 32Kbit/s queue 4Kbyte
ipfw add pipe 1 all from a.b.c.d to any in recv rl0  # uplink limitation
works fine

ipfw pipe 2 config bw 128Kbit/s queue 4Kbyte
ipfw add pipe 2 all from any to  a.b.c.d  out xmit rl0  # downlink doesn't
match

if there is something i missed then feel free to guide me .
else if its possible for someone parse his/her connfiguration

Thanks
F. B.