Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 1998 10:17:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Michael Bueno <bueno@webignite.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hardware support

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, Michael Bueno wrote:

> this system would potentially have 2 cpu's and hardware
> scsi raid.

Don't forget memory.

> can you direct me to where i can find info on this
> type of hardware compatibility?  on the freebsd site
> i see a list of supported controllers, but none of
> them appear to be labelled as "raid".

The world of Hardware RAID is pretty untested.  Most use their own
controller chips which would require new drivers or changes to existing
drivers, depending on the interface they export.

> i'm guessing that there may be no raid and/or multiprocessor
> support.  if this is the case, any hints about how to
> configure our machine for disk redundancy would be
> appreciated.

You can do multiprocessor SMP, but you have to run -current.  We can do
software RAID striping with the ccd driver.