Date:      Sat, 01 Jun 2002 23:19:37 -0600
From:      Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
To:        Mark-Nathaniel Weisman <mark@outlander.us>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dual Natd?

On Sat, 01 Jun 2002 10:55:10 -0800  Mark-Nathaniel Weisman wrote:
 +------------------
 | I want to be able to use multiple external cards for natd to a singular
 | internal card. How is this done? In the rc.conf file I've added a singular
 | line for the natd
 +------------------

You may choose to use an IP address in place of an interface name.
This causes the rc.network script to use it as the alias address
for all packets passed to nat by the firewall rules.  The address
will be the source address for all packets that are passed to nat
regardless of their origin interface.   Things will get decidedly
more complex if you need two independent nat groups on one FreeBSD
box.  At some point the pre-set options offered by rc.network and
rc.firewall using rc.config variables will break down and you will
need to write your own startup scripts.

--
    Chris Fedde