Date:      Fri, 7 Dec 2001 15:04:41 +0100 (CET)
From:      Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Color support in pine

Hi folks,

I have already sent the following to the pine mailing list, but since I
didn't get an answer there, I thought I'd try again on freebsd-questions:

I have been using pine (currently 4.40) under FreeBSD for quite some years
now, and just today, I played around with the configuration a little one
more time. I thought I might try enabling pine's color support, but there
seems gto be a problem with just doing that:

With color support turned on (no matter which one of the three options
that are available is selected), the screen gets pretty much messed up. All
lines seem to get redrawn exactly one line below their original position.
As a result of that, the entries in pine's menues get displayed twice, and
that just looks kind of strange.

Interestingly, when trying to run pine with color under an xterm,
everything looks fine.

Any suggestions on what's wrong and how it can be fixed are welcome. I
don't really need colors in pine, but it bugs me that they won't work and I
cannot seem to figure out why.

Greetings
Nils

Nils Holland
Ti Systems - FreeBSD in Tiddische, Germany
http://www.tisys.org * nils@tisys.org