Date:      Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:03:00 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@sigpipe.cz>
To:        "Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm01@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Abu Khaled <khaled.abu@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: portmanager and perl threaded

# ringworm01@gmail.com / 2005-06-28 20:15:49 -0700:
> On Tuesday 28 June 2005 19:20, Abu Khaled wrote:

> > > Its covered in the man page. see the -ip option, or the conf file option.
> > >
> > > -Mike
> >
> > Thanks Mike, but I want to know if there is a way to make portmanager
> > recognize the port as current. perl-threaded-5.8.7 is the same port as
> > perl-5.8.7 built with option "WITH_THREADS=yes".
>
> I'm not an expert on the perl port so may misunsterstand your question, if so
> sorry.  If your asking what I think your are though, all you have to do is
> make an entry like this:
>
> lang/perl5|WITH_THREADS=yes|
>
> in /usr/local/etc/portmanager/pm-020.conf then portmanager will always
> build perl with that setting.

    The OP is asking about circumventing a bug in portmanager that
    causes it to incorrectly think that lang/perl5.8 (5.8.7) built
    -DWITH_THREADS, (PKGNAME "perl-threaded-5.8.7" because
    PKGNAMESUFFIX=-threaded), is older than lang/perl5.8 (5.8.7) built
    without threads (PKGNAME "perl-5.8.7" because PKGNAMESUFFIX=).

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.