Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2002 20:38:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@pcnet1.pcnet.com>
To:        Kip Macy <kmacy@netapp.com>
Cc:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: to users of threads (GDB support)

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Kip Macy wrote:
> Loren Rittle indicated that they were, but pointed out what you have already
> pointed out to me: freebsd-uthread.c is the work of others so my FSF paperwork
> won't be enough.

There's no reason freebsd-uthread.c has to be included in gdb.
We've been maintaining it in our own tree for some time now.
There's advantages to maintaining it in our own tree anyways.
Our threads library is still under development, not to mention
threadsNG where a lot is probably going to change.

That said, I think dfr and I are the only ones that have
done anything with freebsd-uthread.c, aside from obrien.
My papers are on file with FSF.  I don't know about dfr.

--
Dan Eischen