Date:      Sat, 1 Mar 2003 06:30:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      sergey dyshel <sdieselil@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to pass password to mount_smbfs

Hi

On my Windows 95 machine I have one share with full
access (without passwords). When I try to mount this
share the mounter asks for password although the
password is empty. Pressing ENTER each time works but
it's really annoying to press enter each time I mount
this share. In addition I think it would be a problem
for automounter.

I use this command:
mount_smbfs //HOME/C/PUB /mnt/smb/pub

How can I pass the password with it?

If I can't, is there a way to automate this?