Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2000 19:55:01 -0400
From:      "Dimitri" <dbakopanos@sympatico.ca>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   PPPoE

	Good day,

I have tried repeatively to use the PPPoE client on my installation of
FreeBSD 4.1 and failed each and every time. I have even went so far as to
copy and paste the your sample configuration file from your tutorials online
and still no go.  What I'm trying to set up is a basic firewall/proxy server
for the rest of my computers to connect to and have it heavily fortified
against attacks. I have two dlink cards inside my computer both of which are
pci. The newer one is a DFE-538TX FastEthernet (rl0) and the older one is a
de-528 PCI Ehternet card (the system is seeing it as ed0). Now I have tried
to set the IRQ and I/O values to each card but there isn't a utility that
will allow me to write to the EEPROM. I would like to know, do I have to
have an IP address assigned to the interface? Secondly, how do I configure
the system to read my second card at the IRQ and I/O input values that I
have specified?

Dimitri