Date:      Sun, 5 Oct 2014 14:39:57 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        el kalin <kalin@el.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org, freebsd-net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, freebsd-users@freebsd.org, Colin Percival <cperciva@freebsd.org>, Brandon Vincent <Brandon.Vincent@asu.edu>
Subject:   Re: remote host accepts loose source routed IP packets
References:  <CAMJXoc=s=Ud52NJ0dbK-6qKEcszbni4bi1MA8mgRtQSo=2Uuyw@mail.gmail.com> <CAMJXoc=5gs17ZgQ7LYALwKFRPN5hQ38OOuBtDk=EjZzi82EFMA@mail.gmail.com> <CAMJXockiQ%2B0gFbxSY43OyMbNqTjdzR1i16w%2Byiqmm=cQ8HR=pQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAJm423-mFg%2BzU_RB%2Bkp8wmp-V31onJJV0K4FUOLcv%2BczAOCKXA@mail.gmail.com> <CAMJXock7iYsh%2BMXMcxZjaTNg6cgm7g%2BHa4=ZQJqLq0DtzK5BWQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAMJXocm=2D_F8uN1JCKjMTdQvkRhWv9Owd8=UMhYOpKK=drSHw@mail.gmail.com> <CAMJXocnJRGSr%2BLy2dEnwZweg1hCN6LxtHBtjE=OEed_qoeShrA@mail.gmail.com>

Hi,

Can you please get a packet capture of what it's sending and what it's
receiving?

All accept_sourceroute does is prevent the stack from forwarding
source routed packets. If it's destined locally then it's still
accepted.

You could try crafting an ipfw rule to filter out packets with these
options set:

from man ipfw:

     ipoptions spec
             Matches packets whose IPv4 header contains the comma separated
             list of options specified in spec.  The supported IP options a=
re:

             ssrr (strict source route), lsrr (loose source route), rr (rec=
ord
             packet route) and ts (timestamp).  The absence of a particular
             option may be denoted with a `!'.

something like:

1 deny ip from any to any ipoptions ssrr,lsrr,rr
65000 allow ip from any to any

-a