Date:      Sat, 8 Jun 2002 09:57:19 -0700
From:      Adam Weinberger <monkey@crackula.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?zhongjun_=D1=EE?= <kangqiong@yahoo.com.cn>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: question

zhongjun Со took 0.5K on Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 06:37:30PM +0800 to say:
> I want to know what is the latest version of it

if you surf over to http://www.freebsd.org, in the upper right-hand
corner it says, "Current Release: 4.5." Check out the 5 links right
below that heading for more information on just what a FreeBSD 4.5
is, and how to install it.

> and can it run on the  cup of AMD?

check the "Hardware Notes" link under that heading above. there tends
to be pretty good support for current CPUs.

> does it have a editor like WORD and EXCEL

yes. once you install FreeBSD and the ports tree (read about that one
too), you should look into ports/editors/AbiWord for an editor that
is surprisingly similar to MS Word (and can read and write those
files), and ports/math/gnumeric for a well-made spreadsheet program
like MS Excel.

-Adam

--
"I am disrespectful to dirt! Can you see I am serious!"
	-Mr. Sparkle