Date:      Tue, 04 Jul 2000 19:20:38 -0400
From:      Sergey Babkin <babkin@bellatlantic.net>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        Nat Lanza <magus@cs.cmu.edu>, Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI HBA device detection?

Matthew Jacob wrote:

> > The tutorial in DaemonNews has this information, as well as information
> > on minimal implementations of the reqired actions. Obviously the actions
> > for SCSI negotiations don't need to be supported because these
> > negotiations make no sense for an emulator or over IP.
> >

> Or over Fibre Channel (which the DaemonNews article completely missed)

Well, I concentrated on the CAM side of interface. The underlying
hardware is one of device-dependent parts.

BTW, I looked up the list of of absolutely neccessary calls
for simulated SCSI:
XPT_SCSI_IO
XPT_RESET_BUS (at least silently return success)
XPT_ABORT (at least return CAM_UA_ABORT)
XPT_CALC_GEOMETRY
XPT_PATH_INQ

-SB