Date:      Thu, 25 Feb 1999 01:01:09 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@iafrica.com>
To:        Pierre Beyssac <beyssac@enst.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IDE CDROM not found with PIIX4 chipset, -current kernel

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999 23:51:17 +0100, Pierre Beyssac wrote:

> Here's an excerpt from my kernel config. Did I miss something obvious?
>
> controller      wdc0    [...]
> disk            wd0     at wdc0 drive 0
> disk            wd1     at wdc0 drive 1
>
> controller      wdc1    [...]
> disk            wd2     at wdc1 drive 0
> disk            wd3     at wdc1 drive 1
>
> options         ATAPI           #Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
> options         ATAPI_STATIC    #Don't do it as an LKM
> device          acd0            #IDE CD-ROM

Um... Do you really have 4 wd devices plugged in? If so, where on earth
are you plugging the CDROM device in? :)

Assuming you don't have 4 drives, I'd suggest you slave your ATAPI CDROM
device on your primary IDE controller. So you'd do something like:

controller      wdc0
controller      wdc1
disk            wd0     at wdc0 drive 0
disk		wd1	at wdc1 drive 0
disk		wd2	at wdc1 drive 1

...followed by your acd device, naturally.

Ciao,
Sheldon.