Date:      Fri, 15 May 1998 05:49:04 +0200 (MEST)
From:      "Michael C. Vergallen" <mvergall@mail.double-barrel.be>
To:        Nick Folino <nickf@ptd.net>
Cc:        "'FreeBSD-Stable'" <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ppp -auto -alias and sig 10

Hi,

One sugestion would be too set the speed to 38400.. This works for me ...
I know that most poeple want to set the port speed to 57600 or 115200 but
eh with the slightest line noise the thing stops working ... I know
becuase in belgium the lines are off a dubious quality. So unless you have
a real good line use 38400 for the port speed but turn compression on in
your modem ... you should get 3.1 K/s.

Michael
----
Michael C. Vergallen A.k.A. Mad Mike,
Sportstraat 28			http://www.double-barrel.be/mvergall/
B 9000 Gent			ftp://ftp.double-barrel.be/pub/linux/
Belgium				tel : 32-9-2227764 Fax : 32-9-2224976