Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 1996 00:19:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      "matthew c. mead" <mmead@Glock.COM>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel locking hangs system?

    I just supped everything this evening and did a make install.
Of course, /var/mail was set mode 755 owned by bin.bin ... I
tried to run elm which tried to acquire a kernel lock on
/var/mail/mmead, and it hung the system.  I ended up doing a
reset button reboot.  It hung all *character* input from the
keyboard.  I could still move the mouse around in X and play with
any programs that were totally graphical, but none that used the
keyboard.  Just thought I would let you guys know.

-matt

--
Matthew C. Mead

mmead@Glock.COM