Date:      Mon, 20 Jun 2005 23:13:49 -0300
From:      Gustavo Vieira =?iso-8859-1?Q?Gon=E7alves?= Coelho Rios <gustavo@ifour.com.br>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   hardware for server

Hi folks!

I am considering buying a server, wich is the best approach?

1) Buy a server ready to use server; or
2) Buy the pieces and assemble them together.

Which of theses approaches would you go for?

Second:

I have interest on Dell Hardware, what do you have to say? Specially
PowerEdge series (from 300SC to 2450 models)

Anyone running these dell boxes? How Stable? Performance? etc....

Third:
I would like to hear suggestions on motherboards and memmory (memmory
are always critical, and there are plenty of trash on the market).

Fourth:

I saw from 4.3 release notes that it support ADAPTEC RAID 3400, but i
could not figure out which device should i include in my kernel config.
file. Would it be aac ?

Thanks a lot for your time and cooperation.