Date:               Thu, 12 Jan 1995 16:38:59 EST5EDT+1
From:      "Aleksandar Kacanski" <Sasha.Kacanski@med.umich.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:         Istallation problems ...

I am still having problems getting BSD 2.0 to install correctly on my HD.
I have HG 1034 MB IDE with the geometry:
cyl=2100; heads=16; sec=63

When I bootup from flopy drive bsd kernel I get message that wd0 drive is with
above specs.
But when I get into Fdisk I have completly differnet info about HD.
I did setup the slice for BSD and I changed the specs by evoking Geometry menu
for the HD. Everything was right to the moment when I rebooted computer. I got
boot manager up, and I selected F2 which should invoke BSD 2.0, but HD would
not spin and computer will not start BSD. MSdos partition works fine.
I tried to setup BSD first and then DOS but after setting up BSD I would not be
bale to recognize dos and to assign  partition to it.
Another thing, for some reason, DOS did not default to the h partition of the DISKLABEL
editor. It would always be a assign as an E partition.
I would appreciate any help on this.

// Sasha Kacanski
Email:                  Phone: (313) 763-2453
sasha.kacanski@med.umich.edu
sashak@med.umich.edu    Fax:   (313) 763-3784
Address:4709/MSII
Human Genetics UM