Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:36:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ryan Sommers <ryans@gamersimpact.com>
To:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   New to GNOME help.

I was wondering if someone could take a few minutes and answer a few
questions I have about GNOME, X and FreeBSD.

I installed all the above from FTP.

FreeBSD lobo 4.6.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.6.1-RELEASE

Every screenshot of "GNOME" I see has icons on the desktop. I start
GNOME/Enlightenment and I see no icons. Is that a different WM? If so,
which one?

Second bunch of questions are all related. How can you figure out what
version of GNOME you have? Which, 1.x or 2.0, gets installed with 4.6?

Thank you in advance,
Ryan

--
Ryan "leadZERO" Sommers