Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 10:49:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Bush Doctor <dervish@goku.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: international RSA code

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Bush Doctor wrote:

> I'm still not clear on the issue of RSAREF :( In the US do we need to
> have the rsaref port installed in order to use openssl/openssh in the
> source tree?  If not then in /etc/make.conf we can set "RSAREF=NO" and
> buildworld will DTRT with respect to openssl/openssh?

Please reader chapter 6.5 in the handbook - it describes the now out of
date system, but the ideas behind it are the same. The bottom line is that
you need to install rsaref if you're in the US and want to use things like
openssh. If you don't fit the rsaref license you're out of luck.

Kris

----
"How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a man?"
"Eight!"
"That was a rhetorical question!"
"Oh..then, seven!" -- Homer Simpson