Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2018 17:07:20 +0900 (JST)
From:      Yasuhiro KIMURA <yasu@utahime.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Console is broken after updating to 11.2-RELEASE

Hello.

With the commit of r335510 releng/11.2 switched to -RELEASE. So I
updated one of my home server from 11.1-RELEASE-p11 to 11.2-RELEASE.

But when I rebooted I found OS boot messages are not displayed on
console while OS itself has booted successfully. To be exact,

1. BIOS message are displayed.
2. Boot menu of FreeBSD is displayed.
3. Kernel boot starts but after 'Booting...' no following messages
   are displayed.
4. After OS has booted console stays unusable.

Kernel configuration is as follwing.

yasu@maybe[2006]% uname -a                                                                                                 ~
FreeBSD maybe.home.utahime.org 11.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE #0 r335513: Fri Jun 22 16:12:12 JST 2018     rootz@maybe.home.utahime.org:/usr0/freebsd/base/obj/usr0/freebsd/base/releng/11.2/sys/MAYBE  amd64
yasu@maybe[2007]% cat /usr/src/sys/amd64/conf/MAYBE                                                                        ~
#
# MAYBE -- Local kernel configuration file of maybe for FreeBSD/amd64
#
# For more information on this file, please read the config(5) manual page,
# and/or the handbook section on Kernel Configuration Files:
#
#    http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig-config.html
#
# The handbook is also available locally in /usr/share/doc/handbook
# if you've installed the doc distribution, otherwise always see the
# FreeBSD World Wide Web server (http://www.FreeBSD.org/) for the
# latest information.
#
# An exhaustive list of options and more detailed explanations of the
# device lines is also present in the ../../conf/NOTES and NOTES files.
# If you are in doubt as to the purpose or necessity of a line, check first
# in NOTES.
#
# $FreeBSD$

include GENERIC

ident   MAYBE

# ZFS support
options ZFS

# PF support
device  pf              #PF OpenBSD packet-filter firewall
device  pflog           #logging support interface for PF

#
# Temperature sensors:
#
# coretemp: on-die sensor on Intel Core and newer CPUs
#
device  coretemp
yasu@maybe[2008]%

I tried GENERIC kernel but the problem still happened.

HWs are,

M/B:     ASUS N3150I-C
         (https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/N3150IC/)
Display: EIZO FlexScan L565
         (http://www.eizoglobal.com/support/db/products/model/L565)

M/B and display are connected with analog VGA.

Does anyone experiences same problem? Are there any solution or
workaound?

Best Regards.

---
Yasuhiro KIMURA