Date:      Sun, 28 Jun 1998 17:54:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      ADRIAN Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>, Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: anyone still using GUS MAX's?

On Sun, 28 Jun 1998, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> Just go into isa.c and comment the printf "isa_dmastart: channel 1 not
> acquired"
>
> 	Cheers,
> 	Amancio

	Well, that or move the "#endif /* DIAGNOSTICS */" down a few lines
to where it ought to be.  The problem is that the driver still seems to be
broken.

	I dug around in the gnats DB for abit and there are several
problem reports for the GUS boards.  One said that reverting to the 2.2.5
isa.c was sufficient to correct things, but it doesn't actually appear to
make a difference.  The only significant changes I saw were related to
introduction of the dma_audo_mode variable.

	When I previously said I get no audio output, I was wrong.  If I
crank the speakers up to maximum, I do hear a faint buz when I cat to
/dev/audio.  Still it isn't working properly.

	Adrian
--
[ adrian@ubergeeks.com -- Ubergeeks Consulting -- http://www.ubergeeks.com/ ]