Date:      Sun, 20 Mar 2005 07:22:07 -0600
From:      Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MS Exchange server on FreeBSD?

Anthony Atkielski wrote:
> Ted Mittelstaedt writes:
>

>>Fine, you list the features you think are key ones and I'll provide it.
>

> Why not just buy Exchange?
>
> You make the same mistake that so many people with emotional investments
> in software make:  You feel you must look for non-Microsoft solutions
> _just for the sake of avoiding Microsoft_.  But in this case, as in
> several other cases, the Microsoft solution tends to be the best
> overall.  And if one has no sacred mission to drive Microsoft back into
> the Pit, there's no reason to look for cobbled UNIX solutions that do
> the same thing.
>

>>No it doesen't.  Exchange has a better feature set than MANY of the UNIX
>>solutions but not all.
>

> Show me the one-stop UNIX solution that meets or beats Exchange.

Have a look here:

eGroupWare (at egroupware.org)

OpenGroupware.org (at opengroupware.org)

Open Source Exchange Replacement (at oser.sourceforge.net)

OPEN-XCHANGE (at open-xchange.org)

PHPGroupware (at phpgroupware.org)

--
Best regards,
Chris

Everything may be divided into as many parts as you please.