Date:      Sun, 3 Sep 2000 00:06:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      William Melanson <wjm@gate.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

Hello,

Where might I find the script that gzip's sendmail's maillog on a daily
basis? I'd like to tinker around with it whereas it can perform the same
services to /var/log/messages. Apparently /etc/periodic wants
/var/log/messages to be gzip as well. These error messages:
"/var/log/messages.0*.gz: No such file or directory" are weighing heavily
upon my patience :)

./Bill