Date:      Fri, 27 Feb 2004 13:06:21 -0500
From:      "HOLLOW, CHRISTOPHER" <christopher.hollow@cgi.com>
To:        "Mark Weisman" <mark@mystic1.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Boot and MBR.

Mark,

   You might want to try booting the box with a Win98 Rescuse disk and
running 'fdisk /mbr'.  This -should- re-window-ize the MBR.  Then run
fdisk from the prompt and set the Windows partition as active.  Reboot
and see if Windows boots normally.  You will not see any indication of
the existance of the BSD installation at this point.  Should Windows
come up okay, install Grub (or GAG if it suits your fancy) and you
-should- be off and running.

DISCLAIMER:  The ^^^ -should- ^^^ is in there because I'm not entirely
familiar with your environment and configuration.  As always, when
working with partitions, it is possible that you will lose one, both or
all of the slices and installations on the box.  If there is anything
worth keeping, ensure you have it backed up...

HTH,

Chris

--

Christopher Hollow - Consultant