Date:      Mon, 24 Dec 2001 17:53:22 GMT
From:      uwi@mail.delfi.lv
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dcopserver

when I do startx in a few seconds the following appears:
"There was an error setting up inter-process communications for KDE. The
message returned by the system was:
Could not read network connection list
/home/uwiman/.DCOPserver_elexis.uwiland.com_:0
Please check that the "dcopserver" program is running!"

If I do Ctrl-ALT-F1 I see the following:
"
kdeinit:Launched DCOPServer, pid = 378 result = 0
_KDE_IceTransSocketUNIXCreateListener:...SocketCreateListener() failed
_KDE_IceTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running
Cannot establish any listening sockets
DCIOServer self-test failed.
kdeinit:DCOPServer could not be started, aboting.
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: Can't setup DCOP communication"

the funny thing is if I re-start X a few times it might actually go thru
procedure with no errors.... but thats irritating you know.

whats going on and how to fix it on permanent basis?

Thanks in advance.

FreeBSD 4.4 Rel, KDE 2.2

--uwi
mAn.