Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 1998 18:51:09 -0700
From:      "Diana Roman" <dcr10@worldnet.att.net>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Floppy Disk Install

Hi there.

I'm trying to install from a set of floppies I made of the bin directory.

When I clicked on the files 'checksum.md5', 'install.sh', and 'bin.mtree',
(at ftp://www.freebsd.org) they opened up in the browser directly, as text.
So I chose 'save as file...' from the File menu in Internet Explorer, and
saved them as text files, renamed them with the proper extensions... Is
this correct? Also, I can't open bin.au - it gives me an error message
saying that the sound file can't be played....

Now, I get through the installation process up to the Media menu and select
'install from floppies', at which point it prompts me to insert a floppy in
a:. So I insert the floppy that contains checksum.md5 and bin.aa through
bin.af, hit return, and get the following....

Message: Couldn't extract the following distributions. This may be because
they were not available on the installation media you've chosen.
bin	doc	manpages	problibs		dict	info	ports
									100%

What do I do??? : (