Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 2000 18:59:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      <stanb@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   Fatal Trap 12: Page fault while in kernel mode (4.2 RC1 boot disks)

	I have a mahcine that I am trying to install 4.2 RC1 on via floppies.

	The first floopie gose fine, it prompts for the 2nd, and this continues
	fine for a while, untill shortly after the "Hit Enter to boot mediatly"
	Very shorlty therfater I get a Fatal Trap 12: PPage fault while in
	kerenl mode.

	I stuck thes floopies in another machine, and the boot it fine.

	The machine in question is an HP vectra VL5/71 ( a Pentium 75). It's
	got 48M of memory, and a 20G hiard drive. For what it's worht, the
	memory is mixed standar 72pin SIMS, and EDO memory.

	Any sugestiosn?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@panix.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC