Date:      Fri, 25 Dec 2009 19:03:32 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org>
To:        "Carlos A. M. dos Santos" <unixmania@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why is x11-servers/xorg-server dependent on libXaw, among others?

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

On 2009-Dec-21 12:30:30 -0200, "Carlos A. M. dos Santos" <unixmania@gmail.c=
om> wrote:
>Yes, here I go gain with another attempt to reduce package
>dependencies. I'm attempting to understand why the xorg-server port
>depends on libX11, libXaw, libXmu, libXt, libXpm and libXext. I'd like
>to remove at least libXaw and libXt from the dependencies. What do
>you, x11 maintaires, think about this?

There are no obvious runtime dependencies on libX11, libXaw, libXmu,
libXt, libXpm or libXext (via either ldd or lsof on a running Xserver).

As an initial check, you could try removing those dependencies from the
Makefile and see if xorg-server builds and runs in a clean environment.
A more thorough check would require checking against all input and
video drivers.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo