Date:      Sun, 2 Apr 2000 19:45:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Derrick Baumer <bduk@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dumb terminal vendor

I have this sinking feeling that this is a dumb question (no pun
intended, honest), but can anyone recommend a dumb terminal to connect
to my 3.4-STABLE box, as well as a vendor to supply said terminal?  I
have one computer in my apartment (really no room for two), and my
wife and I spend most of our time waiting for the other to finish what
they're doing so we can get our time on the computer.

My needs are extremely modest.  I write, and that's about it.  My
high-tech multi-etc system is a glorified text editor, with plain-old
emacs sitting on the screen 99% of the time.  The terminal must drive
a console-mode emacs, having the appropriate keys, and that's about
it.  Monochrome green screen is fine.  It would be nice if it was
fairly lightweight/mobile so I could string it out to the couch and do
my writing there while she's at the main console.

As it is, I spend an inordinate amount of time writing in a notebook
and typing it in later when the system is free.

Again, there really isn't room to set up another complete computer
system - the solution here must be fairly small.

Ideas?  Thanks for your time.

--
Derrick Baumer - Black Duck Software
        <bduk@earthlink.net>