Date:         Fri, 06 Dec 96 16:24 PST
From:      Denis DeLaRoca (310) 825-4580        <CSP1DWD@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU>
To:        gwh@SPIDERS.COM (Gene W Homicki)
Cc:        multimedia@FREEBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re: GUS PRO: functional!

On Fri, 6 Dec 1996 18:31:30 -0500,
   gwh@SPIDERS.COM(Gene W Homicki) said:
>  | driver is in better shape. Recently, someone reported on the list
>  | good results with the guspnp6 driver in terms of audio quality but
>  | he also reported the sound loop problems so I don't know how much
>  | better things are...
>
> 	That would be me.  guspnp6 helped a _lot_, but I still get the
> looping after anywhere from 10min to 3 hours of continual use.
> Sound quality in vat is much much better though, and the looping has
> only happened a few times.

Like I said that's encouraging that I'll give it a try again... but
remember the looping seemed to vary from system to system. For Amancio
it would never occur, for me it would happen consistently all the time.
And the fact that you could only recover the audio device by rebooting
your system made it not suitable for continued use with the MBONE
tools... support to enable the vat sliders for volume and mike input
control is still missing as well... multiple vats also offer problem
and sound doesn't switch properly from one to another.

-- Denis