Date:      Mon, 16 Jan 2017 12:16:08 +0200
From:      Boyko Yordanov <b.yordanov2@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Zfs nogrpid | sysvgroups option?

Hello!

Running latest FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE-p1, zfs as root filesystem, there =
doesn't seem to be a way to switch from bsd-groups to sysv-groups style =
for group ownership. Directories behave as if they have the setgid flag =
set (chmod g+s or chmod 2770) while they don't. Actually, the setgid =
flag is not taken in account at all - all newly created files inherit =
their group from the directory they reside in.

I=E2=80=99m looking for a way to change this so that newly created files =
get the primary group of the user who created them (sysv behavior - =
default on Linux). I checked the zfs dataset properties, mount options, =
kernel options, fs acls and chmod flags and couldn't find a way to =
achieve this.

Am I missing something?

Boyko=