Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 1996 18:38:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Howard Lew <hlew@sequence.Stanford.EDU>
To:        BRETT_GLASS@infoworld.com
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VIA Apollo chipset: Any experience yet?

On Tue, 17 Sep 1996 BRETT_GLASS@infoworld.com wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with VIA's Apollo chipset, which is directly
> competitive with Intel's Natoma?

We have seen the FreeTech F66 Motherboard with the Pentium Pro and it uses
Intel's Natoma chipset and seems to offer very good blazing performance
especially for Windows 95.  It should do miracles for FreeBSD.

I do not know about the VIA Apollo chipsets for Pentium Pros, but the
ones for the Pentium/Cyrix/AMD are okay.

----

 -------------------------------> WWW - http://www.shoppersnet.com/shopping