Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 2003 11:56:36 -0800
From:      "Aaron Burke" <aburke@nullplusone.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Verizon DSL & FreeBSD?

> On 02/22/03 09:26 AM, Aaron Burke sat at the `puter and typed:
> > (snip)
> > They dont block 80 on my box, allthough that might be a config setting
> > not set in my area.
>
> Ok, mind if I ask you what your network setup looks like?
rl0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        ether 00:e0:29:51:8b:62
        status: active
ed0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        inet 4.x.y.z netmask 0xfffffc00 broadcast 4.40.155.255
        ether 00:80:c8:3d:bc:ec
(snip)

> Any pointers? - maybe this will help the originator of this thread as
> well :)
I dont use PPPoE on this interface, as far as my machine is
concerned, the internet is just an other chunk of the lan.

I also nmap'd your ip address, the isp is stopping the
traffic on ports 80, 113, and 27374 for you. You could
try getting in touch with them about removing these rules
for your ip address.

Also keep in mind that some Cable Modem ISPs have similar
rules in place.