Date:      Mon, 5 Mar 2007 01:37:15 -0500
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install with USB keyboard

John Costanzo writes:

>  Hi I have a Dell Dimension E520 and I am trying to install
>  FreeBSD 6.2. I am running into a problem that it gets to
>  sysinstaller and keyboard does not work. The keyboard is a USB
>  one. I have windows installed and it works in there so I know it
>  is not keyboard. I booted and hit option 6 and typed following
>  message:
>
>  set hint.atkbd.0.disabled="1"
>
>  That did not work. Please I would really like to use FreeBSD and
>  I do not have a PS/2 port to help. Thanks

	It was at one point the case USB devices (or at least keyborad
and mouse) were not recognized (on some or all hardware) after a
cold boot - i.e. one needed to cold boot, then hit reset at an
appropriate point for things to be seen.
	This has been fixed (at least for my hardware) for -Current; I
do not if this has come to 5.*/6.*.

				Robert Huff