Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 23:34:33 EDT
From:      MaoFu1kan@aol.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   damn soundcard

device           pcm0
device           sb0  at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
device           sbxvi0 at isa? drq 5
device           sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330

ok this seems to work but i still get an (error code 1) when i (make) i know
i need to make changes in my sound_config.h but do i need to rewright the
whole thing or just edit some parts i have seen documentation on this and
there sound_config.h looks nothing like mine which makes me beleive that im
insane and my freebsd 4.2 is completely diffrent from every body else's the
(controller) node or whatever its called does not work it is obsolete snd
drivers are depreciated see pcm/sbc/etc so i replaced controller with device
and changed snd0 to pcm0 tried sbc0 to still got error code 1 i came to the
conclusion thats its my sound_config.h but when i got there it looked nothing
like the doc. i got then i tried to shutdown now -r and it said im using an
old style script of rc.d see opennap.sh enter full dir of shell or enter for
default /bin/sh i went to opennap.sh and dont even know wher to begin if you
can help some body has to of had these problems