Date:      Sun, 04 Jul 1999 03:47:51 +0900
From:      Motoyuki Konno <motoyuki@snipe.rim.or.jp>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, Nik Clayton <nclayton@lehman.com>, jdp@freebsd.org, freebsd-translate@ngo.org.uk, doc@freebsd.org, Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp>, Motoyuki Konno <motoyuki@snipe.rim.or.jp>
Subject:   Re: Resolution: FDP reorganisation

Hi,

Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > I've just done this for you test out.  The generated .tar.gz file is
> > huge (roughly 6 MB in size).  Mine is but a puny modem, and I'd spend
> > ages uploading it.
> >
> > So, here are my notes on what I did, accompanied by a small shell script
> > that recreates the actions I did.
>
> <snip>
>
> None of the previous objectors have commented on this yet.  Can I assume
> that those of you with an interest have run the script that was attached,
> and are happy with the results?

Your note (in <19990628212827.C5662@catkin.nothing-going-on.org>)
includes your plan for the CVS repository copy ONLY.

Please show me your final plan for the following things.

1. Install directory problem

   In your mail <19990628205537.B5662@catkin.nothing-going-on.org>,
   > > We have no problem with having a framework to let people choose.
   > > We're just saying that we would like to choose a default that makes
   > > sense to most Japanese systems and have people with special
   > > requirements (such as the ones you mentioned above) change it by
   > > themselves.
   >
   > OK.

   I understood this ("OK") means the default install directory
   of documents will not move.  Is this right?

      o  The default install directory is [lang] ('ja' for Japanese).
      o  Make a symlink [lang]_[territory].[encoding] ('ja_JP.eucJP'
         for Japanese).
         # ln -s ja ja_JP.eucJP

2. URLs of Web.

   Do you want to re-organize the URLs of Web pages ?

   I object a URL change because there are so many web pages
   which have a link to FreeBSD web.

   Current URLs:
       English        : http://www.freebsd.org/
       Japanese       : http://www.freebsd.org/ja/