Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 04:39:09 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISA DMA problems if >= 512 Mb RAM?

Frank Nobis wrote in list.freebsd-hackers:
 > [...]
 > I have a P2B-DS with 512 M Ram and AWE64
 >
 > Until today I had the same problem. Today I build a new kernel and now
 > the problem ist gone.

Did you change anything significant in your kernel config?
Maybe you threw some drivers away which made the kernel take
up less memory?

Can you send a diff of your dmesg output from before (when
the problem still existed) and after (when it went away),
please?

 > real memory  = 536870912 (524288K bytes)
 > avail memory = 519380992 (507208K bytes)

I'm specifically interested in these two lines.  ;-)

I'd be very happy if the problem is really fixed...  However,
this is a production machine, so going to 4.0-current is not
what I intended...

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)