Date:      Tue, 01 Sep 1998 10:34:59 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <reyesf@newsguy.com>
To:        "advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG" <advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Wes Peters" <wes@softweyr.com>
Subject:   Re: Suggestion for new list

On Mon, 31 Aug 1998 22:26:20 -0600, Wes Peters wrote:

>Francisco Reyes wrote:
>>
>> How about a new list specially for the press.
>>
>> The way I suggest it would be to have a handfull of handpicked people
>> have access to the list (i.e. Dough White, Greg Lehey, Jordan....)
>> and to only allow questions from reviewers/editors/ article writers.
>
>It'll never fly, because "the press" won't go for it.  When they review
>an OS like FreeBSD, they're also reviewing the support provided via the
>"standard" support channels, which are the mailing lists in FreeBSD.

Allow me to partially disagree.
Some reporters may want to go through the regular channels, but I
would suspect the most sucessfull ones with less time may like the
idea of the special treatment. After all some times they are
concerned on looking at the environment and not how to set it up.

On any case it would cost nothing to setup and a few positive
feedbacks in some computer magazines can only help.

It will also be a great excuse to write to editors/writers and let
them know about this service for them.