Date:      Sat, 1 Sep 2001 16:53:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Deryck Madarang <deryckus@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   help pls!

Due to a problem with a SCSI drive our server went
down. Upon restart, the server was complaining about a
dirty filesystem - it had a message that /etc/spwd.db
is an invalid type (or something).

I ran fsck manually (i shld had done it in verbose
mode) .. anyway, i think it removed some files in the
/etc directory (i believe spwd.db was one of them).

After fsck, i rebooted and most (if not all) services
were not started bec /etc/spwd.db .. no such file or
directory.

Now I could not even log-in to our server (invalid
password msg).

Am I screwed? Or is there a way to log back in and
rebuild what was lost?

Thanks for your help.